Schedule & Process
Zoning Advisory Committee Meeting Schedule (Adobe PDF, 0.2 MB)
The Town initiated the project by undertaking a review of the zoning bylaw with the goal of making the bylaw more "user friendly". This includes a review of the definitions and reorganization of some sections of the bylaw.
The consultant team will address Phase 2 issues including:
- Improving the permitting processes
- Incorporating recommendations from recent Town planning efforts into the zoning bylaw
- Adding new sections such as landscaping, adequate facilities and impact mitigation
- Improving pedestrian and bicycle access
- Adding provisions for the Village Center and Transit-oriented Development
- Adding low impact development standards to better handle stormwater
- Adding graphics to help explain various terms and concepts
- Updating the parking standards
- Reviewing the current zoning districts and updating them as needed
The consultant team will conduct a number of stakeholder interviews with users of the bylaw such as Town officials, attorneys, developers, and civic organizations. A zoning diagnostic will be prepared that will outline the specific changes that should be considered by the Zoning Advisory Committee as the process moves forward.
A number of work sessions will be held so that the Zoning Advisory Committee can study the proposed changes and the draft language changes and a series of public workshops will be held to provide opportunities for public input in the process.